Friday, June 25, 2010

One of my favorite things about working with art and artists is helping these objects find good homes. Does that sounds corny? It probably does. I can't help it. I love when I can connect the right object with the right person...whether it is a painting, a bowl or a piece of jewelry. Take the mustache ring, for example. I knew when I saw it that I had to get Jessica in here to see it. Sure enough one went home with her... only after she said to me, "I put mustaches out there to the universe and now they come to me." Of course mustaches aren't every ones design element of choice. You may even be thinking that surely Jessica is the only one who will buy a mustache ring but in fact, I just got a message on Facebook today from my sister saying she has a friend who jokes about getting a mustache tattooed on her finger so she can hold her finger up and make believe she has a mustache. This may be the perfect gift for her friend!

I particularly enjoy the moment the decision is made. For some the decision is quick for others it takes time and is quite deliberate. But when the decision is made there is always a smile...and sometimes an big exhale because they no longer have to worry about the piece they love going to someone else's home. I just spoke with someone yesterday who can't wait for Michael's show to close so she can take her pieces home and find just the right spot for them. They will have a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment