Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy Planning


It has been a while since I have written. I have been busy getting the next few shows scheduled out and artists lined up. I am very excited about it. I was telling an artist who stopped in yesterday about my plans and she said, "You sound like you are having fun." And boy am I! I have three photographers lined up for a Holga/Diana camera images show (still need to come up with a clever name for that one). Kevin Brusie from Portland, Maine, Carol Dronsfield from NY,NY, and Dave Engledow from Washington, DC will all be exhibiting their photography here beginning July 23rd. Next up TREES! It is only fitting with a name like Monkitree that we do a tree themed show. In October while the tree paintings, drawings and photography are still hanging I am planning a woodturning show to take place during American Craft Week. I have had a great conversation with Andy Hoyt the current President of the Maine Woodturners Association and I'm confident that will come together nicely. Next up- I need to start planning a local artist show for November/December and an emerging artist show for January and February. There is so much to do but I must say I am truly enjoying myself!

2 comments:

  1. Are you looking for work to put in to the Trees show? I have some encaustic paintings that would fit the bill if you'd like to see them!
    -Jamie
    http://www.jamieribisi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, I have a few people lined up. Let me see how many pieces I'll have...if I don't have space this time I am going to do a local artist show Nov-Jan. I'd definitely like to see them!

    ReplyDelete