Friday, April 30, 2010

Creating Opportunity

I am enjoying talking with artists and craftspeople, especially those who haven't shown their work in stores or galleries. Yesterday, my sister Kate put me in touch with a woman who makes jewelry. She has been selling her jewelry through house parties. Monkitree will be her one and only retail location. Often new craftspeople will need more guidance than a larger retailer has time for. No catalog, no price sheet? Well a large retailer can't take that on. Having worked for a craft retailer with five stores, I know that no matter how talented someone is there just isn't time to help someone along. Fortunately for me, I have the time. I can work with talented people new to retail and I can't wait to introduce them to my customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment