Monday, April 26, 2010

Countdown Timer, Bad Idea!


I put a countdown timer on my computer a while back...back when it seemed like I had loads of time to get everything done. Now I look at it and the timer is at 19 days, which makes me round down to two weeks for some reason. Of course, 14 and 19 are very different from each other. I just need to take a deep breath, roll up my sleeves and power through what remains to be done.

Today besides painting (which I seem to do every day), I met with a woman who lives here in Gardiner and makes great cards. I loved every card. The colors are beautiful. I love that I can carry the work of people right here in town. I'm also starting to get really excited to introduce everyone to Michael Sprouse, the artist whose work will be the first show. He has sent me some pictures of his newest pieces and I can't wait to see them in person.

4 comments:

  1. Just keep chipping at it, Clare! And let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoo! Love the card. Can't wait to buy letterpress and other beautiful hand crafted cards from right down the street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, you can learn "The Question" and play it at the opening :)...then you'll get all the girls.
    Kara, Carrie's cards are great. Oh and I scored a non-spinning card rack but I can't get it until the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare. I know quite a few Old 97's songs! I'd be honored to play at your opening if you like. And I do take requests if they're posed just a little in advance; it doesn't take me long to learn a song. I'll be at your opening anyhow; just say the word and I'll bring a guitar along.

    ReplyDelete