Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving has never been one of my favorite holidays, mostly because it features some of my least favorite foods. I could live without turkey and pie for that matter. I am usually entertained by the need to make several versions of cranberry sauce and the appearance of creamed onions (they only come out once a year). I like Thanksgiving as a holiday because it is a day to hang out with family and friends.

For the last 18 years of my life, Thanksgiving is a day of rest before the busy retail season. This year is the first Christmas season with my own store/gallery. I'm not quite sure what to expect but I have stocked up on great finds. Gorgeous bags, toasty hats and scarves, a range of jewelry, pottery, cutting boards, ornaments, and of course fine art. I hope that people know or will discover that unique gifts, made by hand are the best kind of gifts to give and receive.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will be rested and ready to help you on Friday and throughout the Holiday season Tuesday-Friday 10-6 and Saturday 12-6. I will likely begin staying open late on Thursdays and certainly if you are unable to get in by 6pm due to your work schedule let me know and I will gladly make arrangements for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment