Friday, November 12, 2010

Local Artist Show


For the past week artists have been dropping off their pieces for the upcoming show- Creative Maine- The Works of Local Artists. I have met many of the artists before (about half live in the Gardiner area) but there are also quite a few that I had been corresponding with through email. So the drop off was sometimes my first in person meeting with the artist. I had many reasons for doing a local artist show and one reason of course, is it is an opportunity to develop a relationship with the art community. The show features 30 artists from Gardiner and around the state. As pieces are arriving, I am getting more and more excited about the range of work from small photographs to large paintings. There is really something for everyone in this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment