Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back to Reality


Before Peter and I opened Monkitree, we planned a family vacation. We rented a house in Cape May, NJ with my mother, brother, three sisters, all of the kids and most of the spouses. My sister found a house that would fit all 17 of us just two blocks from the beach. I was able to find someone to cover the shop, Peter picked up his kids and we were off! The house was perfect- a big porch for afternoon and evening cocktails, an outdoor shower to wash off the sand from a day at the beach, a grill, 5 bathrooms...I mean really, what more could you ask for?

We even had a birthday party. One of my nieces has a birthday two days after mine so we had a joint birthday party. Jenny picked the theme- Luau. She dressed for the party in a hula skirt. We played pin the tail on the donkey which is much harder than I remember. Jenny picked out a pinata shaped like a hula girl (she named her Mia and it was a bit odd hitting a girl shaped pinata...especially one with a name). Of course we had cake...ice cream cake, my favorite!

We went to the arcade a few times. I stuck with skeeball and pinball. The last night we took pictures of the kids on the lifeguard stand,went to cash in their arcade tickets, then got one last ice cream. I could have spent another week at the beach with my family...but I'm back to work preparing for our next opening Friday, July 23rd. I'm looking forward to the opening. It is easy to come back from a vacation when you have work you look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment