Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day


I have never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. I remember as a kid being disappointed with those hearts filled with chocolate. There were only ever a couple pieces that I actually liked. My sisters and I started poking our fingers through the bottom to see if we would like it before taking a bite. Eventually, we told my father that we didn't care for them and he started filling a shoebox with chocolate we actually liked. That was an amazing thing. It is always best to get someone what they like rather than what is expected. Which is why I haven't filled Monkitree with heart shaped things, red things, and silly jewelry. Just the same gorgeous artwork, jewelry and craft.

I also have a sense of humour about this holiday which probably comes from many a Valentine's Day as a single woman. My friend Liz and I would get each other things like- Grow a Boyfriend. So while I have some sweet Valentine cards, I also have many funny ones. Sometimes it is easier to say "I Love You" with a card that says "I'm Achin' For Your Bacon". Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment